Friday, February 15, 2013

Private Annual Fine Dining @ Westin Hotel



In the midst of Chinese New Year, I truly felt the festive season from head to toe. It is just that perhaps because of the older age, I think I am losing the festive touch.hahahahaha~ sound so old ^^ Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year again!

This time around, I am gonna to share a old piece of story during my uni days (Actually, just last year) So, as a chemical engineering class of 2012, we decided to throw ourselves a private annual dinner which costed us a leg RM200++. It was held at the Westin Hotel! Yup, high class-nya.hahahahaha! A final enjoyment before our FYP ends...

As usual, I spent a lot on the clothing which was not satisfactory at all because apparently, guys formal wears are so much more expensive than girls' dress! I arrived Westin Hotel after fetching two friends. 



As you can see, the setup was truly astonishing! Yup, totally classy and nice! The opposite of the room was actually Pavillion! We could see the building so clearly! The menu was simply unique! Despite the taste might  be suitable to all, I was having a fun time eating them (since so expensive, hahahaha).


The usual starter would be bread and butter! There were several type of bread available. My fav was the 2nd (^^). Then, came the 2nd dish which was the Seared Tuna and Scallops with Ruby Red Grapefruit and Orange Dressing! The taste was rather unique unlike anything I tasted before; but the sweetness from the Grapefruit actually spoilt a bit of the enjoyment. However, overall, it was quite nice!


The main course was Roast Chicken Breast Filled with Wild Mushrooms. The taste was fine but the meat was overcooked and the mushrooms were too dry. It was a disappointing despite of its well-decor appearance. Thankgoodness, its dessert saved the day - Vanilla Panna Cotta, Raspberry Compote and Ginger Crumble!  Hahaha, despite the price, the portion was really a bit small~ I came to a conclusion that Fine Dinner = Fine Particle!!!ahahahaha

Of course, the day was a day to be remembered as it was not just about food! It was the celebration of our 4 years hardship that was going to bear fruits (^^) Yes!

How are you all? 
Nottingham Malaysia MEng of Chemical Engineering 2012 (^^)?


Wish you all a Happy Chinese New Year! Have a great career and future (^^)!!!














6 comments:

Happy walker said...

well, i would like to try fine dining one day too~

Small Kucing said...

nice place to dine

I AM A BLOGGER said...

I think you will have your chance soon!(^^)

I AM A BLOGGER said...

Yup, it was! Thanks to the people (^^)!

foongpc said...

I don't really fancy fine dining cos I have a feeling it's not filling hahaha!

I AM A BLOGGER said...

yup, totally agree! It is expensive with small portion! Fine particle!