(1) Crime Status in Malaysia
Even since I started my university life, I was so oblivious of Malaysia current issues. I didn't subscribe to any newspapers. After graduated, I can finally start to focus on current issues. Today, I read a special edition of Sin Chew Daily. Basically, above image tells you almost everything. The main context is that "Who let the criminals become so haughty (arrogant)?" (Don;t mind my translation).
While the police side keeps on assuring the citizens of Malaysia that Malaysia is the 16th safest place in the world, horrible murdering cases keep on popping up. The author of the article stated that it is not the media fault for emphasizing the crime in Malaysia; the real culprit is the criminals. What the author said is true! Do you see any police cars ronda-ing at your neighbourhood? The policemen are getting salary from the taxpayers; at least, set up a patrol team in DARK ZONE!If you follow HK drama (don;t whether is true or not), they have police on the street to take care of the safety of the people there. Anyhow, the special edition focuses on 7 viewpoints as follow:
- Men: Used to be the protector of the family and women; but, now, they themselves are the targets of robbers, snatch thieves..... They are having problems to protect themselves..(><)
- Women: Often victims in many cases. Right now, even walking in shopping is dangerous to the ladies ~~ horrible
- Elderly : Last time, Kampung home was the heaven to them. It was peaceful and all. But, nowadays, the thieves break into the house 1st without considering whether the old people have money or not ~~~ not safe anymore. Impossible you can let the gate unlock before going to sleep like last time.
- Children: Easily targeted or kidnapped for ransom and others. The streets in Malaysia full of evil people waiting to strike when you turn your back just for a sec !
- Housewives : This is interesting because, housewives are often the victim of snatch thieves when they go out to do groceries shopping. An infamous case in Penang recently shocked t
he hell out ofthe people when 5 passers-by decided to ignore an injured victim of snatch thief ><
- Family: Whole family being tied up and robbed isn't anything new anymore. 4 years ago, I was still shocked to hear about this. But now, it has become so COMMON ! This means that the condition didn't improve at all.
- Business: Even doing businesses in some places are not that easy anymore, Cheras is one of the places which most of the shoplots are installed with gates.
(2) Education and University Admission
I am just glad that I am always the last batch in every decision-changing of education system. I am proud to say that I learnt mathematics and science in Malay. Then, they changed to English education which was supposed to be better. Recently, they decided to change back to Malay again~ Flip Flop ! Eventually, the student produced will be inconsistent.
University Admission and scholarship - STPM and SPM full As can't get full scholarship. This is the old news for 10 years already! Please reveal the selection process to be fair to everyone! Why a matriculation student (sorry to some of my friends, i am not criticizing matriculation students) is given privilege 1st in course selection? Are they more superior for their course is only 1 year long? I am sure most of you know how tough STPM could be ~ Extra-curriculum might play a factor; but, a lot of academic-excellent students did their best to fulfill the requirement.
(3) Environmental Conservation
I have been very fond of pandas; I even had a panda toy which is bigger than the size of a baby. As I grew up, I gave away my toys. Again, I am not criticizing the panda, but, why we would spend so much money to import 2 pandas to Putrajaya (not the Zoo Negara) (report $1 million per year for the loan for 10 years). While some may argue, the approval of the panda loan signifies the strong relationship between Malaysia and China. However, it is best that the animal stays at their origin. Anyhow, I believed that panda is well-conserved in China. How about the animals in Malaysia? I simply google and get a list of endangered species in Malaysia:
- Orang Utan
- black shrew
Anyhow, in the older news, there were even illegal logging in Perak state which further destroyed the habitats of the wildlife. I also observed that there are some mountains in Ipoh becoming "botak". Hmmmm~~~~~
It is easy to comment! Perhaps, government is doing their best effort to curb this situation. However, even if you give 150%, THE OUTCOME IS BAD MEANS IS BAD. I think most of us just want to see IMPROVEMENT, that's all and no more~~~~