Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Insectology: The Majestic Moth



Since a long time ago, I have a crush (not like killing them, but really love them) on insects. Despite their short lifespan, they are one of the strongest species in the world - super strong reproductive system which produces thousand of eggs; unique body parts - extra limbs; captivating colour like the moth above.

My university located in the center of a palm oil plantation. I believe this is one of the moth that can be found here? I need an expert here~ Because, this rare beauty is really out of sight in where I come from - Ipoh. Therefore, my fascinations towards this creature was utterly strong. Looking at its wings, the colourful pattern really attracted me (^^)

Photobucket
Having a closer look, you might even feel eerie (as for me, I am still fascinated) because it has fur like dogs @@ ~ No kidding!!!! The most interesting part is the leaf-like antenna. Omg !!!!! Yes, totally amazing how mother nature really is (^^)

Tata for now! Hope you enjoy this Majestic Moth Beauty. You can always look for my other insectology posts under the label insectology....







8 comments:

FiSh said...

yea sometimes when it is too big, i feel a bit scared. haha

Latest: Where to Go for Raya?

vendoline said...

perfect symentri awesome right

Thristhan said...

Very hard to find Moth like this in their natural habitat huh? I usually see them at the butterfly farms only.

durianland said...

Woots! Good insect (and macro) photography.

http://durian2land.blogspot.com/2012/08/passionate-about-chocolate-fudge.html

I AM A BLOGGER said...

hahahhaa, it was really big~ But, dun think is that dangerous~

I AM A BLOGGER said...

Yup, it is~ So hard to find this beauty~

I AM A BLOGGER said...

True, it is so sad because I believe that these beauties are declining in number, hopefully, it won't extinct ~

I AM A BLOGGER said...

hahahaha, thanks bro^^
look macro photo a lot 2~