Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Vanishing Petaling Street (消失中的茨厂街)



I still remember the debate on the MRT construction at the Petaling Street area. What is the outcome? Anyhow, after the news, I basically went there to have a walk down memory lane. (Yup, quite a sentimental guy I am). It is funny that people don't remember what they said, I do. 

Well, this is the price of development. Whether Petaling Street will be a history or not, we'll see. During my undergraduate life (foundation year), I always went past this area to reach Puduraya (Even Puduraya underwent an extreme makeover (HERE)). Because the stupid and naive me, didn't know that Plaza Rakyat is just beside Puduraya. Therefore, after taking KTM to KL Sentral, me and my coursemate will take the LRT to Pasir Seni. From there, we dragged our luggage with the rush to buy the earliest ticket back home. Those were the days. Now, I believe I am too old to carry 4 BAGS per person already..Hahaha~

On our way, we often passed by a Chinese temple, but time restriction ceased our step into the temple. But, this time around, I decided to take my own sweet time and have a final look (don;t know whether the temple will be affected or not though). You can see the joss stick, releasing the fume of worship. 

The golden dragons are guarding the temple. Too bad the temple was under construction and renovation, therefore, didn't get to take a lot of photos that time (><).

Hopefully, this heritage can be conserved for many years to come. Anyhow, recently, very hardworking in finding a job. No easy to find a job even though I am a graduate in Master of Engineering, kinda stress and sad ~ Jobstreet maybe a good source of employment, but the competition is horrific~~~~ 1 fresh graduate position, 4000 people applied, this is insane (@@)








8 comments:

Medie007 said...

wow... horrible tough competition...

devilck said...

We had KL historical walk once, nice to walk around that area, especially during sunny weekend morning.

I AM A BLOGGER said...

it is a harsh harsh world out thre *><*
kinda scary..

I AM A BLOGGER said...

yes, it is ~ it is still like a little kampung in a city, unlike the Megamalls in KL~

Faisal Admar said...

Talking about Petaling Street, I have been there once and did not plan to go there again. I heard rumors or facts about the risk of shopping there. I mean the people there especially is very rude. When you ask for the price and bargain, which means you don't plan to buy if the price is not within your budget but then it will create anger to them and might scold you.

Second, I heard that many pickpockets there and you must always be aware with people around you which I don't see the reason why I should go there to risk myself.

:)

Maybe government should make it better in term or people who sell there and the security for the visitors especially tourist :)

I AM A BLOGGER said...

Good point there.
The people there are not really that rude, but a bit too sly. Hv to be careful.
Yeah, there is. True, government hv to do stmg abt this issue^^

Anyhow, this place still gives me lot of memories^^

Kaijun said...

so bad that i just visited there for about 3 times... really din walk through the whole street...

I AM A BLOGGER said...

Ooo, too bad~ still hv time to visit though~
i think won't tear down the whole street that fast~