Friday, September 26, 2008

Curtain Fantasy!



Yes, finally, the 3rd promised post in previous Post (PPIPP). hahaha(^^)

  • Moon Cake Feast
  • Dragon-i Inn
  • Best Buy Selection
  • Artwork-Curtain Dyeing

Well, since I was moving to a rented house, I really needed some accessories for the house and curtains were definitely a must! However, my mum and I were planning to save as much as we could. Our first plan was to buy some cheap clothes to sew a set of curtains for the sliding door.{Thanks, mum} However, my mum realized that there were still some old curtains hiding underneath the shelf. So, our plan changed to renewing the old curtain by dyeing them!


Firstly, let's talk about the ingredients!
ingredient3ingredient
ingredient2


List: A pile of old clothes, An empty oil tank for boiling curry water, A long wooden stick for stirring the boiled water, gas tank(^^) or woods and the Golden-Colour Dye!

{Yup, the ingredients were that simple. You and your mum, dad, brothers, sister, grandparents, friends, children....anyone can do this at home! However , please be careful with and boiled water and fire hazard!}


Okay, since I am quite busy these days, I will be very efficient in presenting the few easy steps to create an amazing curtain for your rooms, living rooms, just anywhere(^^).

  • Step 1: Prepare all the ingredients above.{Note: Choose the dye that you like, but, remember to check whether your clothes are suitable for dyeing or not}
  • Step 2: Please clean the oil tank and fill it with an adequate amount of water for dyeing colour
  • Step 3: When the water is boiled, faster put in colour dye which depends on the intensity of the colour that you want.
step1

  • Step 4: Remember to stir the mixture non-stop.
  • Step 5: When the colour dye is well-mixed, add in some salts to prevent discolouration in the end.
  • Step 6: Stir the mixture well again and turn off the gas when it is ready.
step2

  • Step 7 : Do not straight away put the curtains inside, but wait for a few minutes.
  • Step 8: Put the curtains inside the oil tank and stir well again.
  • Step 9: After that, leave the curtains inside the tank for around 20 minutes.
step4

  • Step 10: Then, rinse the curtains in clean water until there is no more discolouration formed in the water.
  • Step 11: Lastly, dry them under the beautiful bright sun. After that, just hang them anywhere you want! Your place will definitely be lit up(^^)


Finally, the final look on the sliding door!
curtainercurtain v

From dirty and old white curtain, me and my mum had transformed them into new and classical curtains.



Well, when you can still reuse something, don't throw them away because they might end up becoming something really gorgeous. Anyway, besides having a great family moment with my mum, I also have the chance to recycle my curtains and made an art out of this.Isn't this green!(^^). My advice : Before you buy, please always check whether you need the items or not! I am proud to say that I am a green consumer!












6 comments:

Billy said...

fuiyo.. almost everything u write now is about going green....

good work on the curtains... all the homosapiens should learn from u.. =)

Anonymous said...

That's really impressive!! I gotta think for items to dye!! :)

Borneo Falcon said...

Great to meet another environmental friendly person. Nice work there

I AM A BLOGGER said...

[billy]
The compliment is too much. I think we should learn from each other coz I am still learning in this Green business.

{cazzycazz}
Old T-shirts, old curtains....haha, but remember that some clothes are not much for dyeing such nylon.

{borneo falcon}
I am really into Green now. Let's go green together!

Dan* said...

i thought it was food until i saw the last pic :D

I AM A BLOGGER said...

haha, maybe, the color just looks delicious?! ahah(^^)